Views
Helpful
Replies

Laptop can't pair with smart TV both are connected with different SSID

Asad Mirza
Level 1
Level 1

Dear Concern,

I'm facing an issue where when I connect my laptop to a smart LED, it doesn't connect via WIFI. My laptop is connected to a different SSID, and the LED is connected to a different SSID, but both can ping each other's because of SVIs configured in my core switch. The LED TV appears on my laptop, but it doesn't pair; it just stays stuck on 'connecting'. However, when both the laptop and the LED are connected to the same SSID, they pair successfully. In my network, there are 3 SSIDs: 'Corporate', 'Mobile', and 'Guest'. My laptop is connected to the Corporate SSID, while the LED is connected to the Mobile SSID. The Corporate SSID has a VLAN ID is 30 with a subnet of 10.10.30.0/23, and the Mobile SSID has a VLAN ID is 24 with a subnet of 10.10.24.0/23. SVIs are configured to communicate each other. Do I need to configure anything else?. I pasted running configuration of both interface VLAN as well for your assistance.

!
interface Vlan30
description WIFI_AGP-CORP-VLAN
ip address 10.10.30.1 255.255.254.0
ip helper-address 101.11.11.71
service-routing mdns-sd
service-policy-query querier 60
service-policy mypermit-all IN
service-policy mypermit-all OUT
end

!
interface Vlan24
description WIFI_AGP-MOBILE-VLAN
ip address 10.10.24.1 255.255.254.0
ip helper-address 101.11.11.71
service-routing mdns-sd
service-policy-query querier 60
service-policy mypermit-all IN
service-policy mypermit-all OUT
end

Need your suggestion to this issue in my network

1 Reply 1

Rich R
VIP
VIP

I haven't tried configuring it myself so can't answer directly but suggest you have a read through this:
https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/wireless/catalyst-9800-series-wireless-controllers/215352-configure-and-troubleshoot-mdns-on-catal.html

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card