Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Laptop is not connecting with 2504 controller based 1131AG Access point

Hello,

I have initially configured  2504 controller with necessary parameters. & we have LAP1131AG access Points.   we have connected 2 Nos. of access points in network.  we are getting Both AP connected with controller,

Whenver i am trying to connect with this wireless network though SSID( currently, open authentication),  laptop's not connecting with it. it shown error that " Windows was unable to connect to SSIDname "

Please help me to resolve this problem.

thanks

sandeep

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

umar bhatti
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Sandeep,

Are you using internal dhcp scope or external.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

umar bhatti
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Sandeep,

Are you using internal dhcp scope or external.

Hi Umar,

i am using external windows based server.  i am getting both access points in controller with IP address from External DHCP server.  But, laptop is not registring with SSID.

thanks\

sandeep

If WLC is set for open authentication then make sure on your laptop in your wirless network properties is using no authetication it might be on laptop its set to wpa or wpa2 etc.

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Let me get this straight ... Your laptop cannot connect to the SSID when you are running OPEN authentication?

If this is the case, then it's not a "wireless" or a "network" issue.  The issue lies squarely with your laptop.

Try another client:  Another laptop, smartphone or tablet.  Anything. 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card