Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

layer 3 network separate between controller LAP

please find the attachment . AS i configured on the file   ,  LAP1 register successfully on the controller then i configured two SSID with different subnet . the problem user who try to access the LAP can't gets IP also controller can't ping the gateway of the two WLAN .

5 Replies 5

Hello,

Your quesion is better suited in English CSC Wireless, https://supportforums.cisco.com/community/netpro/wireless-mobility. You can move this thread from 'Move Discussion' under Actions. Can you please try it?

Regards,

Cisco Support Community Japan

As per your attachment WLC is having trunk link to Core Switch.  You have defined SVI interfaces on Distribution switch. There is  no layer 2 connection between your Core switch & Distutribution switch. Therefore you cannot establish communication between WLC & SVI (as they are not in same layer 2 network). You can do one of this to fix it

1. Move WLC into Distribution switch.

OR

2. Define vlan530,630 (user vlan) on Core switch instead of distribution (including DHCP pools)

HTH

Rasika

Dear Rasika ,

if i creat Vlan 730 , 630 and DHCP pool on  core switch , you also want to me to creat

Interface Vlan 630                                                               Interface Vlan 730

Ip address 172.16.40.1                                                     ip address 172.50.18.1 

on core switch .

how user can reach to thier gateway on core switch although the first step for user on distributed ????                                              

DO u think i need to make AP mode to REAP ?

Yes, Othewise you need to use "ip helper address" command to pointing to Distribution switch as DHCP server.

AP will establish a CAPWAP tunnel between AP & WLC, therefore users won't required to be on a vlan available in distribution switch.

You do not want to convert AP in to H-REAP mode to get this working.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: