cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Loading Autonomous image on 1552E

TomUT
Level 1
Level 1

I've looked through the documentation for loading the autonomous image on a 1552E WAP that has the lightweight image on it.  All the documentation I can find mentions using the "archive" command at the command line.  It doesn't appear to like the archive command.

I've seen in the documentation that it also mentions the software is loadable through the controller, but I can't figure out how to do that.

I currently have the 1552E connected to my 5508 controllers running 7.3 software.

Can anyone tell me how to load this autonomous image on to the 1552E? I'm planning on using it to do site surveys with the 1552E.

Thanks!

-Thomas Campbell

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Interesting... well here are various ways to transfer the image

Thanks,

Scott

Help out other by using the rating system and marking answered questions as "Answered"

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

View solution in original post

10 Replies 10

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

There are no autonomous image for 1552.  You need to use a WLC... thats what we have been doing.

Thanks,

Scott

Help out other by using the rating system and marking answered questions as "Answered"

-Scott

There in fact is an Autonomous image for the 1552.  Here's the URL for it:

http://software.cisco.com/download/type.html?mdfid=283791419&catid=278875243

Then click on "Autonomous AP IOS Software".

From what I understand, it's purpose is to use a 1552 (or 1550 series or 1520 series) to do site surveys, which is why I'm trying to load the software.. to do site surveys.

Thanks,

Thomas Campbell

Interesting... well here are various ways to transfer the image

Thanks,

Scott

-Scott

Scott,

Thanks a ton for your help.  That youtube video looked interesting, but on the 1552E, it's not a mode button.  It's just a reset button.  I tried it and it wasn't having the same effect as the mode button.

So I checked out your second link.  Apparently the "archive" command that wasn't working previously now works after typing "debug capwap console cli".  I'm loading it up and it's looking good so far.

Thanks again!

-Tom

I just posted a few just in case you have non mesh ap's also... the archive is what i use 99% of the time.

Thanks,

Scott

-Scott

Hi guys.

I am confused now also. Does 1552 supports full autonomous mode or just autonomous mode for site survey?

I can see these images at cisco:

WIRELESS LAN : c1520-k9w7-tar.152-2.JB.tar

SITE SURVEY MODE ONLY : c1520-k9w7-tar.152-2.JA1.tar

SITE SURVEY MODE ONLY : c1520-k9w7-tar.152-2.JA.tar

Anyone tried the first one? Real full autonomous mode for AP 1552?

Edited:

Guys it looks like full autonomous mode for AP1552 might be supported. When you want to buy new AP you can choose software from these:

I also found helpful information at this blog:

http://www.mplsvpn.info/2013/02/cisco-1550-ap-software-image-options.html

"Note- the autonomous code does not support mesh architecture."

It is indeed full autonomous support for the 1552's.  To your point, in autonomous mode there is no mesh mode, but there is Link Role Flexability, i.e. WGB mode.

Zack

Did that work for you?

There is a supported IOS image. Just use the archive download-sw command to convert the 1550.

-Scott

Etienne Simard
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Use the command debug capwap console cli and the archive command will be accessible

HTH

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card