cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

conect catalys 9800 to prime 3.8

Leo TI
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, I'm adding a wlc 9800 to the prime, it joins correctly but I can't see the APs, the prime has version 3.8.0 patched to 3.8.1, the wlc 17.3.3. i am using snmp v3 and ssh for communication also enable nefconf on the wlc.
netconf yang
aaa authorization exec default local
The logs are below

3 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

If you see telemetry status to be "success" on Prime Infrastructure but the AP count is 0, it could be that Prime Infrastructure can reach out to the WLC on port 830 but the controller cannot reach back Prime Infrastructure on port 20830.

Make sure this port is allowed.

CJ

/** Please rate all useful responses **/

View solution in original post

the firewall administrator tells me that the passage between those two IPs (Prime and controller) is free, is there any way to test this, maybe a telnet from the controller to the Prime through port 20830 as I could test this.?

Glad you got it working.  So there was a firewall that blocking that?

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

15 Replies 15

Hi

When you go to Cisco Prime Cofiguration>Netwrork>Network Device, the WLC is shown on the list? it is shown as Managed? AP Discovery status is Completed?

If you try to Edit the WLC using the 'pencil' icon....what happen if you hit "Verify Credentials" Does it turn all green?  

caso01.JPG

 in the prime web interface if everything appears fine, but I don't see the access points

If you see telemetry status to be "success" on Prime Infrastructure but the AP count is 0, it could be that Prime Infrastructure can reach out to the WLC on port 830 but the controller cannot reach back Prime Infrastructure on port 20830.

Make sure this port is allowed.

CJ

/** Please rate all useful responses **/

the firewall administrator tells me that the passage between those two IPs (Prime and controller) is free, is there any way to test this, maybe a telnet from the controller to the Prime through port 20830 as I could test this.?

Show a better screen shot and make sure you enable the column for telemetry.

wireless.jpgtelemetry.jpg

-Scott

If your 9800's are in SSO, then make sure you are importing the device using the primary controller ip and not the redundancy interface ip.  The ap's should show when using the primary controller ip, but will not when using the redundancy port ip.

-Scott

LeoTI_0-1644508140255.png

It seems that the telemetry communication from Prime to the controller is correct and it fails from the controller to the prime, so port 20830 is the problem? is it utp or tcp?

the issue was resolved by checking the nefconf port from controller to prime, thanks Scott Fella

Glad you got it working.  So there was a firewall that blocking that?

-Scott

correcto el administrador del firewall no habilito el puerto

Thanks for the information!

-Scott

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

What I can tell you is that PI 3.10 which I'm testing does show all the 9800's and all access points joined to that controller.  Just setup with basic snmpv2 and ssh credential profile.

-Scott

Rich R
VIP
VIP

What model of AP?

Are they supported by that release of Prime?

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/cloud-systems-management/prime-infrastructure/products-device-support-tables-list.html

the APs appear and work correctly on the controller, they are 3802e

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card