Views
Helpful
Replies

Lobby User using RADIUS Server in the NCS

Wellington L
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I need to know if i can use the RADIUS to classify users such as looby and specify in these users the SSID for the guest user and the time for connection like the local database in the NCS.

Actually i'm using the local database for lobby and i'd like to migrate to RADIUS database all these information.

Thanks.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

ramkris2
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello,

Yes, you could use RADIUS to authenticate lobby ambassador users. But the information like default WLAN & time period can't be passed as attributes using attributes.

As a work-around, you could create a local lobby admin account with the same username, define the lobby admin defaults locally. The user will be authenticated using RADIUS but the defaults would be picked up based on the definitions set locally in NCS.

Ram.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

ramkris2
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello,

Yes, you could use RADIUS to authenticate lobby ambassador users. But the information like default WLAN & time period can't be passed as attributes using attributes.

As a work-around, you could create a local lobby admin account with the same username, define the lobby admin defaults locally. The user will be authenticated using RADIUS but the defaults would be picked up based on the definitions set locally in NCS.

Ram.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card