Views
Helpful
Replies

Logging configuration modification commands on WLC

schulcz
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Guys,

Our customer has a WLC 5508 running 8.5.151.0 fw version. There are many local management users on the controller, most of them has only ro access. However now our customer would like to have rw access to WLC.

Is it possible WLC logs all commands and who made them, if any configuration modification happens?

Thanks!

2 Replies 2

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
Typically you would use TACACS to authenticate users and log what user commands are allowed and or issued. I don't think you can really manage it without TACACS, you might be able to setup a syslog server and see if login and or commands are sent and if you can parse that easy.
-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Arne Bier
VIP
VIP

Hi @schulcz 

If you are using TACACS+ on your WLC and you have configured the TACACS+ Accounting, then every command that you perform on the CLI as well as in the GUI will be logged. I have just verified this in our own lab with CLI config commands, and performing the same tasks in the GUI.  I only did a simple test like changing the system NAS-ID - but the concepts should translate to all configuration changes made on the AirOS controller.

comm08.PNG

regards

Arne

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: