Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Login via GUI is refused

Why was the default Cisco access point password through the GUI being rejected?

Autonomous AP 2700 series

10 Replies 10

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

have you reset and configuring first time ?

Step 3 Enter your username in the User Name field. The default username is Cisco.

Step 4 Enter the wireless device password in the Password field and press Enter. The default password is Cisco. The Summary Status page appears.

General document :

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/wireless/access_point/15-3-3/configuration/guide/cg15-3-3/cg15-3-3-chap4-first.html

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

I am resetting the access points by entering new software via tftp but after running the GUI the password I entered is continuously rejected

what version of code you were installing ? what browsers , Try IE ?

BB

I use ap3g2-k9w7-tar.153-3.JPK, then i run chrome browser

Try IE or FF and let us know any success.

BB

Login.png

not successful

if done via CLI the Cisco password works fine, but using a web browser (GUI) does not work properly

I have not heard any bugs, if you have any Latest firmware available or that Model try loading and test it.

BB

do not waste your time trying to use the GUI - just stick with CLI

https://community.cisco.com/t5/wireless/cisco-3702i-web-gui-won-t-update-settings-properly/td-p/4299687

jeffbeaulieu
Level 1
Level 1

I am facing the exact same problem with a Cisco Air-Cao3502E-a-k9 in Autonomous mode (ap3g1-k9w7-tar.default). It initially worked and then out of nowhwere it simply keeps asking for my credentials without actually allowing me to get through. Yet if I enter wrong credentials I get a 401 error. Also just like you login using CLI / Telnet works no problem.

Have you been able to figure out what was the issue?

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card