cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Looking for latest stable Software RLS for 4400 WLC's

Alan Brown
Level 4
Level 4

Would like reach out to the group to see what the latest stable version of code for the 4400 series Wireless LAN Controllers.  I currently have several deployed running 5.2.193.

Alan Brown

Network Engineer

6 Replies 6

Nicolas Darchis
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Alan,

the early 6.0s have been deferred quite quickly. It looks that both 6.0.199.4 and 7.0.98 are totally survivable.

The most stable of all is the 4.2.209 but if you want the new features/APs support, I'd say 6.0.199.4 is the one.

But this is a personal opinion and each version might contain bugs that you will encounter or not, there's a bit of luck as well :-)

Nicolas

===

Please rate answers that you find useful

Hi.

As I know Releases 4.2 and 6.0 are the Maintenance releases actually be able to download.

I´m agree with Nicolas; In your case I will always use the latest 4.2 or 6.0 maintenance release matching with my deployment requirements. Probably we are the most stable version releases at that moment.

Best regards.

6.0.199.0 was given the safe harbor tag, but they just removed that release as it contained a bug that is fixed in 6.0.199.4 (but that is not safe harbored yet).

I just finished upgrading all controllers (40 of them) to 199.0 and then realized they released .4.

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Currently I'm using 7.X.  5.X code, in my honest opinion, is a lost-cause.  I wouldn't recommend this version to my friends (to my enemies, on the other hand ...).  Early versions of the 6.X is so-so.  This is why I've stuck with 7.X.

The most stable of all is the 4.2.209

I agree with this.  If you are not using the 1040, 1140, 1260, 3500i/e APs then stick with 4.2.209.

Sorry to jump in on an old post, but I'm hoping one of you can answer a related question.

Based on the discussion, I'd like to use 6.0.199.4 as my Emergency Image, however I don't see an "ER" version of the software image on CCO. I see one for 5.2.x and 7.0.x, but not the one considered Safe Harbor here. Can I simply add .ER to the filename? As in ---> AIR-WLC4400-K9-6-0-199-4-ER.aes

Thanks

munroe

No you cannot add the ER to the filename. It is a different image.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card