cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

LOS problem

sharadmenawat
Level 1
Level 1

I have 3 locations A, B, and C. Out of which A is my Server location and does not have LOS with C. While B has LOS with both A and C. How can I use 350 bridges to overcome the problem at location B ?

3 Replies 3

ED CARMODY
Level 4
Level 4

set up location B as the head-end of a point-to-multipoint installation, making that bridge the root bridge, with an omnidirectional antenna (the smallest that will do the job).

The other sites are children of the root, and should use a directional antenna (the smallest that will do the job)to hit the root bridge.

Thanks for the tip BUT here we have site A as the server location and is also serving many other locations on WLAN link, ie. we have locations D,E,F and so on with LOS directed to A and are able to communicate to A on WLAN. I think in this situation we cannot make B loacation bridge as root bridge as location A bridge has to be on top of the tree. Also we MUST have an Omni directional antenna at A. Pls suggest what to do. To inform you its a typical banking senario.

Create a second tree on another channel, then use a point-to-point link on another channel to tie back to the first tree. The "trees" are tied together via the wired LAN, not the wireless.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card