cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Lower end clients

emily00001
Level 1
Level 1

Let's say I have some clients that work more or less flawlessly (roaming, tx-rate, stability) like most Apple devices and some mid- to high-end Windows devices. Then I have clients that can't make good decisions with regard to where they associate/roam, show notable package loss, sometimes end up with inexplicably low tx-rates even if signal is good and when everything seems good with regard to signal and tx rate they still have notable issues with package loss and perform notably worse.

Are these clients a lost cause or is there tuning I could do? I know I could maybe improve roaming but I can't imagine that solves the problem as they still don't work well when associated to the closest AP.

I don't have Aironet IE enabled but could there be some other parameter that would ease the life of these clients?

1 Reply 1

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

One thing to always do is update/downgrade client drivers. You may find one that works well over another. As fast as what you can do on the wireless, that depends on your density. You can always play around with the tx power and or disabling data rates.  I don't enable Aironet IE.

You need to try different things to determine what can help improve those development Cesar without harming the others.

-Scott 

*** Please rate helpful posts *** 

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***
Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card