cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

LWAPP-1-AP_CONTAINED

palithait1
Level 1
Level 1

*spamApTask1: Jan 08 05:44:01.763: %LWAPP-1-AP_CONTAINED: spam_lrad.c:48958 AP AP-1-BOD is being contained on slot 0

*spamApTask1: Jan 08 05:42:00.377: %LWAPP-1-AP_CONTAINED: spam_lrad.c:48958 AP AP-1-BOD is being contained on slot 0

*spamApTask1: Jan 08 05:38:09.748: %LWAPP-1-AP_CONTAINED: spam_lrad.c:48958 AP AP-1-sample1is being contained on slot 0

*spamApTask1: Jan 08 05:31:44.398: %LWAPP-1-AP_CONTAINED: spam_lrad.c:48958 AP AP-1-sample1is being contained on slot 0

*spamApTask7: Jan 08 05:26:02.270: %LWAPP-1-AP_CONTAINED: spam_lrad.c:48958 AP AP-4-sample2is being contained on slot 0

*spamApTask7: Jan 08 05:19:37.278: %LWAPP-1-AP_CONTAINED: spam_lrad.c:48958 AP AP-4-sample2is being contained on slot 0                         

Any solution?    

6 Replies 6

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
LWAPP?
What firmware is the controller running on?

Software Version8.5.160.0

Usually you see that in the logs when there is another Cisco wireless environment near yours and they have containment enabled. Are you in a shared tenant space?
-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Scott Fella,

I see the same logs in my message logs (Management > Logs > Message Logs) and to answer your question to the user that started this thread, my office building is a shared space. Should I go see the neighboring tenant? Also does seeing these logs cause issues with the APs in my environment servicing my clients?

-Bobby

If they also have. Cisco and containment is enabled, then yes it will cause issues. What this does and why its illegal at times is because the ap’s does a DOS and users will be affected. Now in the logs, it should show the ap name that is containing yours, so. You. can talk to them. Nicely and see if they can remove that.
-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

@palithait1 

Did yo umanage to get this resolved in your environment?

@scot

I have the same problem as the above and it seems to be on and off from time to time but in my case it is my own controller that containing my own AP's. would this be related to a Bug?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card