Views
Helpful
Replies

LWAPP has to be rebooted?

satya mothukuri
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

I have a large wireless network over my WAN with many WLC and LWAP's. Few days back i met a problem with LWAP's. we can c them on controller and we can login but none of the clients are getting assocated. If we reboot hte LWAP,clients are getting connected. this problem was reported since 1 week and till now we have rebooted many Ap's.

Before 1 week there were only 1 incident happend like in 1 Data center where the Radius server is placed that WAN router got rebooted and all the AP's not able to reach the Radius for 15 min, from that day onwards this problem's started.

Now i just want to know the following.

1.Is this a prblem for which we have to reboot the AP's?

2.If there are 6 AP's in one of the  WAN, the problem is reported with only 1 or 2 AP's . All other are working fine. What abt this?

3. If this is a problem between AP and radius how come till 6 days the AP not able to identif the radius is reachable?

AP TypeCAPWAP
AP ModelAIR-LAP1252AG-A-K9
IOS Version12.4(23c)JA2
Software Version7.0.116.0
Boot Version12.4.18.1

Please help me guys,if you can share...

Regards,

Satya.M     

4 Replies 4

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Try upgrading your WLC firmware to 7.0.235.0 or 7.3.X.

Hi,

Is there any bug? i dont think i can make it just like that. Is there any tech doc for this issue?

Plz support.

Regards,

Satya.M

Amjad Abdullah
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Satya,

You have the problematic APs on same location?

Have you conducted a site survey? you need to check your RF because there could be some interference and/or noise that is causing the problem.

When the issue happens, can you please try to collect debug client output on one of the APs:

debug client

then try to connect with this client to the problematic AP.

Amjad

You want to say "Thank you"?
Don't. Just rate the useful answers,
that is more useful than "Thank you".

Rating useful replies is more useful than saying "Thank you"

aaroncoffman
Level 1
Level 1

Satya,

It sounds like in you have APs going across WAN links to communicate with WLCs, does that sound accurate?

What AP mode are you using at the location in which your experiencing issues? Local or HREAP (as its called in 7.0.116)?

If your using HREAP you very well could be hitting a bug. I believe it had been resolved in the latest 7.0.235 and 7.3 software Leo had recommended.

Regards,

Aaron

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card