Views
Helpful
Replies

Management 5508

tpahuja
Level 1
Level 1

Folks,

I have 4 ports of a 5508 connected to 4 different switches. The 4 switches are in different Pods. I want students in these pods to be able to access the management IP of the 5508. Any ideas?                  

7 Replies 7

Stephen Rodriguez
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

you would need to create an interface per port and then config network mgmt-via-dynamic-interface enable, for that to work.

Unless you have routing enabled between all the pods...

HTH,
Steve

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please remember to rate useful posts, and mark questions as answered

HTH,
Steve

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The documentation says CLI access only over the dynamic interface, anyway I can get GUI access over dynamic interface in 7.0 code.

Thanks

GUi should work as well.  If you can ping it, you should be able to get to it

HTH,
Steve

HTH,
Steve

Steve,

I have Port 1 of the 5508 on port 1 and vlan 172 and it works in Pod1.

Port 2 of 5508 is connected to Pod2, it is on vlan 173. I can ping the dynamic interface on the controller associated with port 2, but I can not ssh, telnet or GUI into the controller.

I have enabled the config network mgmt-via-dynamic-interface enable.

Any ideas?

It does not work in 7.0 code for sure. The documentation says only CLI access for management over dynamic interface.

I can not telnet, ssh or Gui over the dynamic interface. Do I have to be sourcing from the same subnet as the dynamic interface?

Has anyone tried this?

Folks,

Just upgraded the code to 7.2 and it still does not work. Has anyone used this command on a 4408 and tried to manage the 5508 via the Gui over a dynamic interface.

config network mgmt-via-dynamic-interface enable

This command does nothing, no Telnet,SSH or GUI access is available over a dynamically created interface on a 5508 running 7.2 code, only management interface has access. The Clients are coming over the LAN Network and the PC trying to access the management interface is on a different network but can ping the dynamic interface.

Any help would be highly appreciated.

with mgmt via dyn option enabled try these. The last two options may not work is what i believe.

From Wired PC          

src       dst                                                       pass/fail

mgmt   mgmt int of wlc

dyn      mgmt int of wlc

dyn      dyn(same dyn subnet as src) int of wlc

dyn      dyn(diff dyn subnet as src) int of wlc

mgmt   any dyn int of wlc

Enable mgmt-via-wireless

From w.less PC, try same scenario as above.

update the result, lets see what works and didn't.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card