Views
Helpful
Replies

Maximum active SSID's on WLC5500

yzeledon
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I have a question regarding to the maximmum number of active SSID's on a WLC 5500 with 3500i, it;s my understanding that the 3500i can support 16 active SSID's is it the same when connected to the WLC? Also, if possible would the WLC shutdown un-used Radios or maybe afterhours?

Cheers,

Yanil

1 Reply 1

Stephen Rodriguez
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

All AP can support up to 16 concurrent SSID to be configured on them.  With the WLC I believe you can have 192 WLAN and distribute those via AP groups.

Currently the WLC can't automagically shut down the radios that are unused, or on a timer.

What you can do, however, is from WCS push a config template based on time that will shutdown the WLAN you have configured.

If you don't have WCS, you can use a time based acl on the switch to block UDP 5246/5247 to the WLC during the hours you are 'closed'. 

HTH,
Steve

-----------------------------------------
Please remember to rate useful posts, and mark questions as answered

HTH,
Steve

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please remember to rate useful posts, and mark questions as answered
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: