cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

mDNS debugging Catalyst 9800-40 with IOS-XE 17.9

kerstin-534
Level 1
Level 1

How is mDNS done correctly on Catalyst 9800 hardware platforms with IOS-XE 17.9.5. We have to troubleshoot Airprint devices that ware visible with mDNS bridging and not visible with mDNS gateway enabled. Other devices like Airplay are vsibble. From some outdates guides there some hints that does not work.

set platform software trace wncd 0 chassis active R0 mdns debug

show platform software trace message wncd 0 chassis active R0

% Invalid input detected at '^' marker.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

- Check output from : show logging process wncd

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- Ref : https://www.ciscolive.com/c/dam/r/ciscolive/emea/docs/2020/pdf/BRKEWN-3013.pdf
   Start reading from :    Process Daemon Specific Debugging for mDNS

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

does somebody know the real answer

- Check output from : show logging process wncd

M.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card