Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Migiration C9800 from AWS to on-prem

Hello All, 

I am currently exploring the migration of a C9800 wireless controller configuration from AWS to an on-premises server. I understand that updating the IP addresses in the configuration is crucial, but I would appreciate any guidance or instructions you can provide on this process.

Additionally, I am curious about potential challenges that I might encounter during the migration. If anyone has experience or insights to share, your input would be highly valuable.

Thanks!

2 Replies 2

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- In general I would import a copy of the running config of the AWS based 9800 to the on premise 9800 , after changing (required) addresses such as SP  and AP management interface(s) ; have a checkup of the on premise controller configuration with the CLI command show tech wireless ; feed the output into : Wireless Config Analyzer

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

Rich R
VIP
VIP

And remember there'll be differences in the interface names/numbers on a physical WLC and the physical WLC will use built-in certificate for AP management not the generated certificate used on 9800-CL.  Apart from that all the rest of the wireless config should remain unchanged.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card