cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Mobile Devices when use encryption WPA2 enterprise, not able to roam to others AP.

In my warehouse environment, i have 27 AP (AIR-AP2802E-K-K9) configure with Cisco mobility express and security WPA 2 Enterprise with using local radius server.

I am facing issues is when my mobile devices success connect to my WiFi with WPA2 Enterprise, when i move from one AP location to another one AP location my connection is down and not able reconnect or have to wait 5 to minutes only able to connect again.

I had also conducted additional testing on connectivity by using various devices with the configuration of using WPA2 Enterprise. Below are the result identified for your further information and reference.

1. Laptop (Windows 10 pro): No issues of disconnect when Wi-Fi roaming.
  2. Zebra new scanner (MC33 Android OS 7.1.2): Disconnect when Wi-Fi roaming. (Try to update to latest patch android OS recommend by zebra, result same Disconnect when Wi-Fi roaming)         
  3. Android phone (Redmi note 5 Plus Android OS 7.1.2 N2G47H) : Disconnect when Wi-Fi roaming.
  4. IPhone: Disconnect when Wi-Fi roaming.

Attach herewith my AP config file.

Hope all master here can advises me, if any setting that i am set wrongly. 

2 Replies 2

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Never use the words "Android" and "WiFi Roaming" in the same sentence.  Android OS and roaming don't work natively.   

Download an app called WiFi Roaming Fix

I have tested when using WPA/WPA2 personal security and there is working fine for all devices.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card