cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Mobility between HREAP and NON HREAP does not work..

yprasannas
Level 1
Level 1

HREAP Local Switch and Auth has been enabled on SSID.

Indoor AP is in HREAP mode.

Outdoor AP does not support HREAP mode.

Client connects to indoor AP....continous PING breaks after client roams to outdoor AP. The state of the client is RUN.

Disable HREAP Local Auth and the issue goes away.  Why?

6 Replies 6

weterry
Level 4
Level 4

Please confirm:

This is an Intra-Controller roam (two APs on the same WLC)

The Local Switching VLAN on the HREAP is the same Vlan mapped to central switching on the WLC?

I'm not sure whether it is expected to work or not between hreap and non hreap, but as long as the vlans are the same I dont see any reason why it wouldnt work.

Perhaps you could do a "debug client "  on the WLC when the client first roams to HREAP and then roams to the Local Mode.

Thanks for the reply!

TAC looked at the debugs and said it should work but it does not.

Yes this is intra controller roam. Same VLAN is mapped.

The issue goes away if i uncheck local auth so all above mentioned parameters are correct.

Another observation...When HREAP is enabled on SSID and Local Auth is selected..is it possible that it is enforcing 100% this setting eventhough the AP is not in HREAP.

So the same issue was noticed between two indoor AP's one in HREAP and another in HREAP.

This is a bug in 7.116 code..works for 7.220

Without HREAP config, you will not be able to do local-auth on the AP

The design guid says roam between a HREAP and non-HREAP will not work,

Thanks

NikhiL

Does not work in 7.0.220 code either. Finally TAC filed a bug CSCty39231 to track this.

In 7.0.220 based on testing methodolgy, roaming works..if you disable an AP and force client to roam to another AP then roaming works between HREAP and non HREAP.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card