Views
Helpful
Replies

Mobility Express Access

danielrattee
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I am configuring a Aironet 1830 and have completed the first steps of configuring the controller settings. I am able to connect to the "Employee Network" I set up during the initial configuration.

When I attempt to access the controller at the I receive the error:

Secure Connection Failed

An error occurred during a connection to 10.X.X.X. Peer using unsupported version of security protocol.

Error code: SSL_ERROR_UNSUPPORTED_VERSION

The page you are trying to view cannot be shown because the authenticity of the received data could not be verified.
Please contact the website owners to inform them of this problem.

This website might not support the TLS 1.2 protocol, which is the minimum version supported by Firefox.

I have tried in chrome as well with the same result. I have googled a bit and have not found a way to go around this.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

danielrattee
Level 1
Level 1

config network secureweb cipher-option high [enables TLSv1.2] was able to get it working. I found this at:

https://community.cisco.com/t5/wireless/enabling-tls-for-management-access-in-wlc/td-p/2673565

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Hi

Try to access using HTTP instead or use a different browser. Try to access in Incognito mode. 

When attempting a different browser:

This site can’t provide a secure connection

10.X.X.X uses an unsupported protocol.
ERR_SSL_VERSION_OR_CIPHER_MISMATCH

Same when trying in incognito mode

danielrattee
Level 1
Level 1

config network secureweb cipher-option high [enables TLSv1.2] was able to get it working. I found this at:

https://community.cisco.com/t5/wireless/enabling-tls-for-management-access-in-wlc/td-p/2673565

Rich R
VIP
VIP

That would have been default on a recent version of software so that suggests you may be using an old version of AireOS.

Refer to the TAC recommended versions link below for what you should be using - currently 8.10.185.0.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card