cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Mobility Express controller have no AP function.

msompong1
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

I've convert the CAPWAP AP to Mobility Express AP (Cisco 1850 , Firmware 8.10.122.0)everything look good but once I've connect to Web GUI , I'm not see the default AP (as I know the ME can work both AP and WLC). So how can I enable the AP function in the ME?

2020-08-04 13_48_48-Testing-WLC.png

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rafael E
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Once an AP is converted to ME, you cannot turn off the AP entity, so there isn't any functionality you need to enable.

The AP entity needs to have an IP Address, it will get one from the subnet used for the ME subnet management. So make sure you have a DHCP server on that subnet or set a manual IP address to the AP you can do that with the following commands: 

apciscoshell

capwap ap ip <ip address> <nw mask> <gateway info> 

Saludos,
Rafael - TAC

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Rafael E
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Once an AP is converted to ME, you cannot turn off the AP entity, so there isn't any functionality you need to enable.

The AP entity needs to have an IP Address, it will get one from the subnet used for the ME subnet management. So make sure you have a DHCP server on that subnet or set a manual IP address to the AP you can do that with the following commands: 

apciscoshell

capwap ap ip <ip address> <nw mask> <gateway info> 

Saludos,
Rafael - TAC

It's working after config the AP IP address, Thank you so much.

I have the same problem

I woul like to use my 1852i as normal acces point to share my internet connection

I have flash my ap whit the ME 8.10.151.0 version

my 1852 have static ip (fixed on AP and on my router) and I can login into the webgui but the AP list is empty ( as msompong1 image)

you say: log in to WLC  but i not have cisco WLC just regular modem router

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card