Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Mobility tunnel between 5508[Anchor] - 9800 [Foreign]

Trying to set up Mobility tunnel between 5508[Anchor] - 9800 [Foreign] 

5508 is already on the IRCM supported version as follows AIR-CT5500-K9-8-5-182-104.aes, I can't see any option under GUI/CLI for security mobility, as i understood on 9800 it will be enabled by default and opposite side required the same settings.

EDIT: Figured it out, under Controller > Mobility configuration > Enable New Mobility (converged access) was Enabled, disabled that option (It will reboot controller) and I can see option to enable secure mobility option under mobility groups & Tunnel came up successfully.

download.png

6 Replies 6

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- Review this https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/wireless/catalyst-9800-series-wireless-controllers/213913-building-mobility-tunnels-on-catalyst-98.html#anc27 for guidelines  (controller model may not exactly match but content could be helpful) 

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

is this screenshot from 5508 ? that was old 8.2 /8/3 code you refferring.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

You are right screenshot in the post is from cisco documentation: Please find below post replay which contains image version as well as the screenshot from the mobility page: LINK 

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

@Nishad Dadhaniya you should post some screen shots of your controller.  Include one with the version you are running which is on the main page along with the mobility page where you don't have the option you are showing.

Maybe try the recommended IRCM version listed in the downloads:

Software Download - Cisco Systems

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Yes, I upgraded with IRCM IOS 2 times with different IOS, Last one i tried was AIR-CT5500-K9-8-5-182-104.aes

NishadDadhaniya_0-1670996839780.png

NishadDadhaniya_2-1670996984003.png

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Glad you figured it out.... I don't know anyone who ever enabled new mobility.  That was something that caused so many issues and was only used with the old converged access wireless.

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card