cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

MSE not showing the timezone of NTP server, can the timezone alone be configured explicitly?

Muhammed Adnan
Level 4
Level 4

Hello Experts, 

I am running a MSE with code 8.0.150.0.

Its being synced with the NTP server which has its timezone in GMT+2, but when I see the timezone from MSE, it shows UTC. 

What should be done for even the MSE to reflect the same timezone as that of the NTP?

1 Accepted Solution
7 Replies 7

Hi

NTP does not send the time zone to client. For MSE Cisco recommends use UTC when doing wIPS or use the same time zone as the WLC for other services.

You have to setup it manually.

-If I helped you somehow, please, rate it as useful.-

// NTP does not send the time zone to client. For MSE Cisco recommends use UTC when doing wIPS or use the same time zone as the WLC for other services.

You have to setup it manually.//

Thanks Flavio for clarifying. 

I was lacking the information that timezone info will have to be setup independently on the boxes regardless have having NTP in place. 

In my setup I have Prime and WLC in GMT time zone and thus would want to have even MSE in GMT timezone. 

Hope changing the timezone to GMT for MSE will not have any negative repercussions for the wIPS services that I am running on MSE? Please let me know if I am some lack of understanding here.

Also can we change the MSE timezone through prime or it has to be done locally only on the MSE's cli? In the MSe GUI could not find any option to configure the time zone.

Cli. You can choose the option 15 on the setup menu.

-If I helped you somehow, please, rate it as useful.-

Thanks Flavio,

In the CLI, I don't even see the option to set the timezone to GMT. Options to see other time zone are however available though.

Also is their any explicit recommendation from Cisco to set the timezone to UTC?

Will there be any negative repercussions of having MSE in a different timezone as compared to prime and WLC?

MSE timezone.png

Thanks Flavio.

Could change the MSE timezone from default (UTC) to my timezone (GMT+4). However appears it takes UTC as the reference timezone and thus shows the offset of 240 minutes. Believe that should not be a concern.

Server TIme offset.PNG

WLC timezone.png

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card