cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

My Anyconnect Secure Mobility Client drops the connection suddently and is unable to re-connect until I restart my laptop

Hello all,

My company has deployed AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client 3.1.04059 and we use Windows 7

The client works fine most of the time, but all of a sudden the connection drops. I can see both the Windows Network and Sharing Center and Cisco AnyConnect suddenly disconnected. This happens most of the times that I change to another location with a different wi-fi network. With my past Windows 2003 and AnyConnect versions (not sure which one that was), the VPN connection would be recovered shortly after re-connecting to the new wi-fi, but with this version it will never allow me to connect to the new wi-fi. Sometimes, if I use the troubleshoot manager from Windows, it will reset my network adapter and that will allow me to connect to the new wi-fi network. Most of the times it won't.

In those cases, I need to close all programs, log off and log back into Windows. Some other times that will not work either and I will need to restart the whole machine. Restarting the Anyconnect related services alone does not help.

I am worried because today I lost the connection all of a sudden in my own home, while any other device could easily connect to the wifi. Anyconnect will simply say that it is unable to connect. After many tests I had to reset the computer.

Am I the only one seeing this problem? Any advice anyone can give me?

Thanks in advance,

Antonio

2 Replies 2

Hi Antonio,

Pls move this thread to below location. You may get responses from there.

https://supportforums.cisco.com/community/6001/vpn

HTH

Rasika

So it seems that I was barking at the wrong tree :)

After a bit more research on-line, I found that changing the Power management options for the Wireless network adapter resolved the problem.

I went to Control Panel> Device Manager> right-click on Wireless Network Adapter> Properties > Power Management tab > Uncheck 'Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power'

So far so good. Hope this helps others.

Best,

Antonio

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card