Views
Helpful
Replies

My Office laptop disconnects from wifi

goutham123
Level 1
Level 1

Hai

My office computer keeps disconnecting from my wifi and even when connected speed is really low, but when connected to phone net it's working fine, please anyone know why this is happening and how to solve this issue

6 Replies 6

mohamedlamine
Level 1
Level 1

updating  your Wireless card driver may resolve your problem , if not ,uninstal and reinstall the driver

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

What is the wireless NIC of the office computer and what is the firmware? 

Post the complete output to the computer command of "netsh wlan show drivers".

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- Provide details of the wireless environment (too) ; such as infrastructure components ; controller model (if used) and cisco ap models and software versions , 

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

And also how the WLAN is configured and whether you were connected on 2.4GHz or 5GHz band?

Haydn Andrews
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Is this a single client issue or are multiple clients in the same spot also having the issue.

If multiple clients, are all client types also having the issue, or just one

this will help narrow down the issue

*****Help out other by using the rating system and marking answered questions as "Answered"*****
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

JPavonM
VIP
VIP

Upgrade WLAN controller, AP code, OS patches and wNIC driver to latest recommended by vendors.

Check for poor AP signal strength or low SNR (high levels of non-Wi-Fi interference), or co-channel interference due to the existence of multiple APs and third-party devices using the same channel.

Lastly check for a denial-of-service attack from nearby APs or offenders.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card