cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

N+1 HA WLC

HNETENG
Level 1
Level 1

in the H+1 high availability configuration for C9800 WLC. if we have one local WLC act as an Primary WLC and the (+1) WLC is placed over the internet and it act as the secondary WLC. what is the best practices for the (internet or WAN) circuit addressing each of below options (from perspective or RTT, required speed, etc):

Option 1 if the circuit is normal internet circuit. 

Option 2 if the circuit is MPLS WAN circuit. 

BR

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

- Then  take into account that capwap latency is limited to 200ms , if whatever Internet link can not meet these requirements then you can only fallback to my first reply ,

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- For option 2) use Flexconnect + local switching for the  access points ,

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

I want to move forward with the Local Mode Centralized switching, not to go with FlexConnect. 

- Then  take into account that capwap latency is limited to 200ms , if whatever Internet link can not meet these requirements then you can only fallback to my first reply ,

M.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card