Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Need Help On Cisco Aironet 1830

can i use aironet 1830 without access controller & how to configure ?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi Karti,

I am assuming that by access controller you mean wireless lan controller (WLC). Is that correct? If so that is correct. With the 1830 and 1850 AP, there is no concept of autonomous/standalone AP. Even if you have one AP it behaves as a WLC+AP.

Hope I was able to clarify.

Best Regards,

www.wifitrainers.com

Learn from the Best To be the Best

Change the way you look at wireless client connectivity forever by registering to watch this free webinar and also stand a chance to win our Wireless starter kit worth $8000 for free!!

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

WiFi Trainers
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Karthigesa,

The 1830 AP comes as part of the mobility express solution and can be used as a controller+access point as mentioned in this FAQ point 1:

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/solutions/collateral/enterprise-networks/mobility-express/q-and-a-c67-734485.html

This mobility express deployment guide should give more information on configuring it:

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/wireless/controller/technotes/8-2/b_Mobility_Express_Deployment_guide.html

Best Regards,

www.wifitrainers.com

Change the way you look at wireless client connectivity forever by registering to watch this free webinar and also stand a chance to win our Wireless starter kit worth $8000 for free!!

hi,

thanks for ur reply....

so u mean that i can configure it without access controller for this model ?

Regards,

Karti

Hi Karti,

I am assuming that by access controller you mean wireless lan controller (WLC). Is that correct? If so that is correct. With the 1830 and 1850 AP, there is no concept of autonomous/standalone AP. Even if you have one AP it behaves as a WLC+AP.

Hope I was able to clarify.

Best Regards,

www.wifitrainers.com

i use this series in my network 4 ap air-1832i-e-k9 one of them acting as a wlc with mobility express version 8.2.166 all is fine, the problem that i canot enable 802.11 a/n/ac from the browser either from telnet it says :

(Cisco Controller) >config 802.11?
802.11-a49 802.11-a58 802.11-abgn 802.11a 802.11b
802.11h
(Cisco Controller) >config 802.11-a58

antenna Configures the 802.11a antenna
channel Configures the 802.11a channel
disable Disables 802.11a.
enable Enables 802.11a.
txPower Configures the 802.11a Tx Power Level

(Cisco Controller) >config 802.11-a58 enable ?

<Cisco AP> Enter Cisco AP name

(Cisco Controller) >config 802.11-a58 enable AP70F3.5AA2.3E68

AP does not support the specified radio type.
The followings are supported radio types of the AP:
802.11b
802.11a

Could u please help

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card