cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

need some advice on desgin

leongsk
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

currently we are facing vlan flapping issue. The  flapping occurs on Vlan 99, this vlan  is for all the wireless APs. any desgin issue i should take note of

2 Replies 2

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Makes sense you'll be seeing "flapping" error messages.  

Look to the left, there is a 3650 connected to the servers.  It has multiple uplinks to the same switches.  Look at the speed of the uplinks, they are different speed.  So I will presume the ports are NOT in an etherchannel.  

thank you for the response, after some discussion with the partner on the details and some searches on the web, we found this solution...that was posted a while ago.

Disable mac-move notificationn

no mac address-table notification

"It is very normal on switch to display this mac flapping message if APs are connected to the switch port. The reason for this is due to the fact that switch learns of a particular clients mac from one particular port to which the AP (assume this is AP01)is connected to. Now when the wireless client roam to other AP( assume AP02 which is connected on a different port of same switch where AP01 is connected) the switch will learn that same MAC address on a different port I.e AP02's port and displays the mac flap message."

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card