cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

new WLC 5520: Ping response from 10.12.0.46 is invalid. Ip address do not match

bouchal-38
Level 1
Level 1

hello, trying to install my new 5520 with IOS 8.2.130, and i have configured the management and the REdundency-mangt interfaces on a specific VLAN, my sswitch interface in a trunk with this VLAN, everythign seems to be good from the network point of view, but everytime i ping my gateway from this WLC, i get the following error in the logs (see bellow).

how ever, on the L3 switch i can see this WLC in the ARP table, i can HTTPS to it from specific networ. the Default gatway on the WLS and mask are correct...

tx for your answer.

Alexis

*sntpReceiveTask: Dec 19 06:16:40.582: %LOG-3-Q_IND: osapi_net.c:2270 Ping response from 10.12.0.46 is invalid. Ip address do not match.[...It occurred 2 times.!]
*osapi_ping_rx: Dec 19 06:16:37.438: %OSAPI-3-INVALID_PING_RESPONSE: osapi_net.c:2270 Ping response from 10.12.0.46 is invalid. Ip address do not match.

4 Replies 4

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

CSCup60282, CSCud62143

hello, i did not understand, this answer, does it mean this is a bug? why on my other WLC the same model, same IOS, i do not have this behaviour?

B

It is, potentially, a bug.

Failover tot he other controller and see if you get the same error. It’s hard to tell you what is wrong since we don’t see the config or how it’s setup. Might be easier for you to open a TAC case so they can look at everything. 

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card