Views
Helpful
Replies

New WLC 9800 LC setup

frederick.mercado
Spotlight
Spotlight

So I am new to WLC. 

We have a DATA wifi SSID that is auth on external Win RADIUS. How do I associate new wireless clients with vlan x where our clients reside? The native vlan is xx and trunked on the switch port side. I understand that there could be a policy or tag configuration?

2 Replies 2

ammahend
VIP
VIP

Considering this is centralized deployment and you have all your routing and switching in place.

create a policy profile with vlan 1 and map the ssid to policy profile in policy tag and assign the tag to the AP. 

OR

You can On your radius server configure dynamic vlan assignment of 1 as part of authorization, so when wireless connect and authenticate as part of authorization they will be pushed into vlan 1.

-hope this helps-

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- Whilst you are add and or following advice from other post ,  you can always have a thorough check , of the 9800-configuration (afterwards) with (CLI) show tech wireless , have the output processed by : https://cway.cisco.com/tools/WirelessAnalyzer/

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card