Views
Helpful
Replies

Next questions regarding NPS, Wireless LAN, RADIUS

Brett Tesdall
Level 1
Level 1

Good morning, all,

I have a 2504 Wireless LAN controller and several 2702i AP's configured and working, but using a static WPA2 key for user access on our internal LAN.  They've been wanting me to change this so that users will use their Windows AD credentials via RADIUS to connect to the WLAN and authenticate.  After some research, I came upon this article:

NPS, Wireless LAN Controllers, and Wireless Networks Configuration Example
http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/wireless/5500-series-wireless-controllers/115988-nps-wlc-config-000.html

After looking through this a few times, I realized that much of what was in that document was already in place for our old wireless system, I just needed to add the 2504 into the NPS, make a few configuration changes and then with a test WLAN, confirmed that I could make this work on a single RADIUS server much easier than I thought.

Now, I'm trying to configure a secondary, redundant RADIUS server.  My question at this point is, do I need to install Certificate Services on the other NPS server I've built (which is also a domain controller too), and if so, how do I need to configure it to provide some redundancy to RADIUS?  I can't set up this second server as a root CA since I can only have one in my domain, so how should I set it up?

Thanks!

0 Replies 0
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card