cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

No AP found on CLI Command show ap summary - CISCO 1850

JMD31
Level 1
Level 1

Hi I have performed 'clear config' and 'reset system' commands on two access point CISCO 1850 with same result.

After reboot I have done the configuration (administrative account and SSID parameters).

But on both AP, after restart, I can login but the command 'show ap summary' don't find any AP. Typical answer is:

Number of APs.................................... 1                                                                                                                                                                  

Global AP User Name.............................. xxxxx                                                                                                                                                               
Global AP Dot1x User Name........................ Not Configured                                                                                                                                                     

* prefix indicates Cisco Internal AP

The list of the AP's don't appear

I'm convince that it's a configuration problem but I'm not able to figure out what's wrong.

Firmware version is 8.10.162.0.

Thanks for your help

5 Replies 5

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- Have a checkup of the mobility express controller configuration using : https://community.cisco.com/t5/networking-knowledge-base/show-the-complete-configuration-without-breaks-pauses-on-cisco/ta-p/3115114#toc-hId-1039672820  ; feed the output into :
                                                    https://cway.cisco.com/wireless-config-analyzer/

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

Rich R
VIP
VIP

I guess you're running Mobility Express on both APs?
Are they both connected to the same network/vlan/subnet with a DHCP server and enough free IP addresses to provide 2 IP addresses for each AP? 
When you're running Mobility Express the AireOS controller (ME WLC) consumes 1 IP address and the the client serving AP component also requires an IP.  The APs can't join the WLC until they an IP address.
So step number 1 - make sure each ME and AP has got an IP address from DHCP and that they can ping each other.

JMD31
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

I have the problem one one AP. The show ap summary returns 0 ap.

(Cisco Controller) >show ap summary

Number of APs.................................... 0

Global AP User Name.............................. elta
Global AP Dot1x User Name........................ Not Configured
Global AP Dot1x EAP Method....................... EAP-FAST

* prefix indicates Cisco Internal AP

However I'm able to enter the apciscoshell console and I found that the wired0 interface is down and unassigned.

(Cisco Controller) >apciscoshell
!!Warning!!: You are entering ap shell. This will stop you from establishing new telnet/SSH/Web sessions to controller.
Also the exsisting sessions will be suspended till you exit the ap shell.
To exit the ap shell, use 'logout'

APD4AD.BD66.5340>show ip interface brief
Interface IP-Address Method Status Protocol Speed Duplex
wired0 unassigned unset down up n/a n/a
wired1 n/a n/a down up n/a n/a
auxiliary-client unassigned unset up up n/a n/a
wifi0 n/a n/a administatively down down n/a n/a
wifi1 n/a n/a administatively down down n/a n/a
APD4AD.BD66.5340>

I Tried capwap ap ip command, i I get no error but the interface remains down.

How can I put it up ?

Thanks

On ME WLC: show interface summary
On AP shell - go to enable mode "enable" then "term len 0" and "show log" to see what the log shows.
What's the status of the switch port the AP is connected to?
Do you have a DHCP server providing IPs? (did you read my previous reply?)

JMD31
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Sorry for the delay I was out of my office yesterday.

And sorry again I forgot to answer, both EWC and AP have fixe IP address.
I had got the same problem on two separated CISCO 1850. On the first I have resolve the problem with the command capwap ap ip x.x. ... and it works well after reboot. But on the second the capwap command didn't resolve the loss of the AP.

I think the second has a real material probelm, but unfortunatly I don't have more time to lead futher investigations. AS far as one of my two AP is working I will just have a look on the show log and stop there.
Thanks for your help.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card