cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

No response from server NPS authentication

HUGH LANCASTER
Level 1
Level 1

I trying to get my new 3504 to authenticate to my window 2012 r2 Network Policy server on v1. The management interface on the WLC 3504 is on a trunk port. The management V ID is 30. From the controller v30 I can ping the 2012 r2 where Network Policy server is located on v1 and from the Network Policy server I can ping the controller. I can login to the web interface no issues. I set the service-port to Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol and it received an IP from the Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol server. When I complete the command test AAA show radius, I get "10.100.0.33 1 No response received from server". My old 2106 controller authenticates no issues. Any help appreciated!

(Cisco Controller) >test AAA show radius

Radius Test Request
WLan  id........................................ 1
AP Group Name................................... default-group
Server Index................................... 1
Radius Test Response

Radius Server Retry Status
------------- ----- ------
10.100.0.33 1 No response received from server

17 Replies 17

I created a ticket with cisco and problem resolved. "Service port must be on a different supernet from the service-port interface". Thanks for all the help!

I have the same problem. But I don't understand what you mean with "Service port must be on a different supernet from the service-port interface".
Care to elaborate?

Edit: My problem was that I needed to reboot de NPS server. Now he responds.

NyiNyiZin59782
Level 1
Level 1

Even I changed Service port subnet which is different from management subnet, Error is still happening.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card