cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

No response from server NPS authentication

HUGH LANCASTER
Beginner
Beginner

I trying to get my new 3504 to authenticate to my window 2012 r2 Network Policy server on v1. The management interface on the WLC 3504 is on a trunk port. The management V ID is 30. From the controller v30 I can ping the 2012 r2 where Network Policy server is located on v1 and from the Network Policy server I can ping the controller. I can login to the web interface no issues. I set the service-port to Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol and it received an IP from the Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol server. When I complete the command test AAA show radius, I get "10.100.0.33 1 No response received from server". My old 2106 controller authenticates no issues. Any help appreciated!

(Cisco Controller) >test AAA show radius

Radius Test Request
WLan  id........................................ 1
AP Group Name................................... default-group
Server Index................................... 1
Radius Test Response

Radius Server Retry Status
------------- ----- ------
10.100.0.33 1 No response received from server

17 Replies 17

I created a ticket with cisco and problem resolved. "Service port must be on a different supernet from the service-port interface". Thanks for all the help!

I have the same problem. But I don't understand what you mean with "Service port must be on a different supernet from the service-port interface".
Care to elaborate?

Edit: My problem was that I needed to reboot de NPS server. Now he responds.

NyiNyiZin59782
Beginner
Beginner

Even I changed Service port subnet which is different from management subnet, Error is still happening.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: