Views
Helpful
Replies

No response ip sla responder

malkovich072
Level 1
Level 1

Hello guys.

When enabling IP SLA on 1800s sensors and connecting to C9130 or C4800 access points, I get the error 'No response ip sla responder'. At the same time I see: that on some points the ip sla responder is enabled, and on some it is disabled, but the result is the same. What else could cause this error? I can assume that p2p blocking is used on the SSID.

P.S .Maybe someone else knows how to manually enable ipsla responder on access points?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

malkovich072
Level 1
Level 1

the problem was P2P traffic blocking

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Which is the WLC version?

Which DNAC version do you have?

I can assume that p2p blocking is used on the SSID.

P2P blocks traffic between clients under the same SSID.  Dont believe this can cause problem with IP SLA

P.S .Maybe someone else knows how to manually enable ipsla responder on access points?

The problem can be related to WLC version or AP mode. C4800 supports but not sure about C9130.

WLC 8540 version AireOS 8.10.162.6

DNAC version - 2.2.3.4

"The problem can be related to WLC version or AP mode. C4800 supports but not sure about C9130."

The IP SLA responder feature is available on:

Wave 2 APs: Aironet 1800, 2800, 3800, and 4800 Series with AireOS Release 8.8 and later

802.11ax APs: Cisco Catalyst 9100 Access Points

Note: The supported software releases are AireOS Release 8.8 and later and Cisco IOS XE 16.12.1s and later.

This does not solve the problem. I have all the current versions installed.

malkovich072
Level 1
Level 1

the problem was P2P traffic blocking

thanks for sharing solution

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card