Views
Helpful
Replies

Not able to connect the AIR-LAP 1041N-A-K9 using windows 8

kalirasan
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I am using AIR-LAP 1041N-A-K9 wireless Accesspoint it was controlled by using the Air-CT2504-k9 Wireless controller.

When I tried to connect the access point using Windows 8 machine it was not able to connect,

Is there any one who faced the same issue.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

patrick.kofler
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

there is a known bug with Windows 8 having connectivitiy issues with Cisco UWN.

https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-27213

Can you please try out the solution provided in the document and see if it works?

HTH,

Patrick

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

patrick.kofler
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

there is a known bug with Windows 8 having connectivitiy issues with Cisco UWN.

https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-27213

Can you please try out the solution provided in the document and see if it works?

HTH,

Patrick

hi,

I have upgraded the latest Firmware version 7.4.100.0 (AIR-CT2500-K9-7-4-100-0.aes) to my controller.

After the upgradation  I'm able to connect the Windows 8 devices through the wireless.

But the the devices which are conneted to the Cisco AP gets disconnected often and the SSID of the AP disappers,

but rhe AP or Controller didn't restarted.

We just received an HP Windows 8 Tablet with a Qualcomm/Atheros chipset and it's dropping connection as well.  I haven't had much time to mess with it, but we are on 7.3.110, which is supposed to have the issue fixed.  The weird thing is, and again I haven't done a lot of digging, the client will connect and work great for about 1 minute before it pops up and shows the partial connection anywhere and just sits there stupid.  No issues seen on the client debugs though...

Client debugs won't show anything unless the device is trying to connect.

you would want to get a wireless sniff in teh area of the client to see if it's sending and receiving packets

HTH,
Steve

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please remember to rate useful posts, and mark questions as answered

HTH,
Steve

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please remember to rate useful posts, and mark questions as answered

Hi Kali,

why didnt you reboot the WLC after the upgrade? you know its necessary.

try using an open SSID and check if the same behavior happens.

also check the rates allowed on the WLC.

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I have upgraded client that have Windows 8 to v7.3 or v7.4 with no issues. I don't have any clients on 7.2.111.3 that have Windows 8 clients though.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

I'm not convinced it's a purely Windows 8 issue, but Stephen is right, for us having issues we need to look at the traffic.  In referencing the client debugs that I did, I was looking for the EAPOL error that the prior Windows 8 bug would show and saw nothing.  I can say that for my limited exposure, the device did seem to work for a more extended period of time on an open guest ssid, but I want to test this again.

Well sniffing the traffic is the best way of finding whats wrong.  If the clients are stable on an open network, then maybe you need to play around with some settings on the WLAN configurations for the non open ssid you were initial using.  Keep us posted what you find.

Thanks,

Scott

Help out other by using the rating system and marking answered questions as "Answered"

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card