Helpful
Replies

Not able to create SNMPv3 user in WLC 8540 with 8.3.133.0 code

frodestra
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I'm not able to create SNMPv3 user in WLC 8540 with 8.3.133.0 code

GUI says "Error in Creating SNMP V3 User" and CLI says "Could not create v3 user."

Any idea why?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi Team,

don't know if you guys still facing this issue, solution for the above problem is, create a password of 12 characters for version 3 users in the cisco WLC it will work.

Thanks

Basavaraj

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
Probably a bug. Open a TAC case or try to create this from the cli and or GUI, which ever you might of not tried yet.
-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Jose Vidal Diez
Level 1
Level 1

Hi everybody,

I have the same issue with the 8.3.132.1 software.

We are working on it and afterwards we will open a case to Cisco. 

If we have some extra information we will tell it.

Regards.

I remember facing the same issue on 8.0 code and we had to reboot the WLC once to get over it. Did you try rebooting the WLC once ? If that doesn't work , it is probably a bug.

Thanks,

Manish

Hi Manish,

Thank you very much for your answer... Unfortunatelly... the device is in production and we can't reboot it on demand... If I could do it I will tell if it is possible or not to create an SNMPv3 user. Anyway we are goint to try to open a case with Cisco.

Best regards.

Jose.

Hi Team,

don't know if you guys still facing this issue, solution for the above problem is, create a password of 12 characters for version 3 users in the cisco WLC it will work.

Thanks

Basavaraj

Greetings Basavaraj Nigappa,

I have tested what you said and I have to tell you that it Works!

Maybe is a restriction or some security issues by Cisco or a bug... Who knows...

Thank you very much for your support.

Best Regards.

Jose

So did you open the TAC case ?

If yes, can you share with public the results ?

When and where will it be fixed ?

Hi Daniel,

I could not open a TAC case, I am waiting for my company to include the contract of the WLC in my profile. So what we did is to change the password for a one with 12 characters length.

Regards.

I tried to create snmpv3 user with 12 characters lengh, but without any success.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: