Views
Helpful
Replies

Optimizing throughput on Aironet 1252 standalone for 802.11n only

Ivanleonel
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all!

I’m trying to set 2,4ghz radio to use 802.11n only, but AP tells me that I must choose one of data rates 6, 9, 12, 18, 24, 36, 48, or 54 Mbit/s. I confused. Aren’t those data rates for 11g?

I want to enable only MCS Rates 1-15 which is 11n.

Now my radio in mixed mode. How to change it to native 802.11n mode to get benefits of N?

20 Replies 20

Hi George,

Thanks for taking time to clarify this, now it is much more clearer.

No protection then only a preamble with HT will be sent .. 

Can we say, if no protection then it is Greenfield  ?

In CWDP here is the frame structure given for Greenfield, mention L-STF still use in Greenfield. Is that the case ?

Yes it is .. It escapes me the purpose of the L-STF .. To many beers in .. The important one is the L-SIG this field contains the rate and length info which legacy clients will see and sync to .. 
"Satisfaction does not come from knowing the solution, it comes from knowing why." - Rosalind Franklin

Thanks George & Happy thanks giving day for you.

Glad I was able to give  some points to you on this day :)

Rasika

Thanks buddy .. I enjoy these conversations .. 

"Satisfaction does not come from knowing the solution, it comes from knowing why." - Rosalind Franklin

If you haven't found out, I can take it as  "no enterprise wifi vendors implemented greenfield HT" 

I initially thought, if ALL stations in the BSS is HT capable then it will dynamically move to HT-Greenfield format & if non-HT STA present they use HT protection mechanism.

Rasika

Think about it .. 

If HT clients only communicated legacy clients on channel or in r age of the transmission would see this as noise and could transmit and cause collisions. Only way HT would work is if all clients were HT. This is why vendors aren't supporting HT only.

Can you imagine if they did support HT only ? Clients would shoot themselves in the foot