cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Option 43 On Cisco Registrar for 3802 AP...

pproscia0623
Level 1
Level 1

We have 5520 WLCs in Cisco registrar 8.3 for DHCP. The APs are getting an IP and all the other info like DNS but the info pertaining to the WLC we want them to register with is not being past properly. Can anyone shed some light and any experience they have with this?

The WLCs are running 8.2.131 and as I said they are 5520s. The AP is a 3802i but we also have 3802p and 3802Es in the mix. Will each need its own VCI.

Please aDVISE

Pete

6 Replies 6

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Kindly provide the settings of DHCP Option 43.

How would you like the settings relayed to you.. as I stated its in a Cisco Prime Network Registrar 8.3. We are having some confusion as how to put the VCI in for the 3802 AP and also the IP for the controller whether it needs to be hex or just the IP?

I would like to see the DHCP Option 43 settings for the controller IP address.  

Common mistakes I've seen is the value entered is the IP address, which is invalid, instead of the correct syntax.

I have a TAR file from the Cisco Prime registrar I can forward to you but its too big for here... I do not know if you have the ability to make use of that. We have tried using Hex and IP address as a way to pass the info but it does not seem to be working.

We have tried using Hex and IP address as a way to pass the info but it does not seem to be working.

Should be in HEX.   Kindly post the HEX value.  I want to verify if it's correct or not.  

NOTE:  Don't worry about what the value is as long as the IP address is a private IP address.

So the AP is getting the correct IP address? 

Is it possible to connect a console cable to the affected AP?

If yes, could you post the logfile it creates while booting and trying to connect to the controller?

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card