cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Packet Tracer Help (WAP)

cw0110
Level 1
Level 1

I have a router (Executive Router) that will act as a WAP for members of the given vlan. However, it will not allow 2 of the 6 needed devices to connect. Is there a limit setting that I'm not aware of? The devices have identical configuration, they just lack connection to the SSID: Executive Wifi. Any advice would be great. File is attached.

3 Replies 3

Haydn Andrews
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

What model router?

What software version

Can you share the config of the SSID

Is it that only 2 and always that 2 can connect, if you turn them off can 2 more connect?

Have you tried updating the wireless driver on the devices

*****Help out other by using the rating system and marking answered questions as "Answered"*****
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

PT version 8.1

Router Model: Home Router PT-AC

There are 6 devices total, and the same two can never connect - even if I delete the items and reconfigure them. That makes me think it's an issue with the router. 

I'm not sure what you mean by the wireless driver on the devices.

Rich R
VIP
VIP

@Haydn Andrews the clue is in the title - Packet Tracer Help.

This question has nothing to do with wireless networks, it's app support for a Cisco training simulator application.

@cw0110 you might get lucky and find someone here that knows that app but this really should be posted in training forums not wireless networks.

Most of us work on actual Cisco hardware and have never used that app which has significant limitations/differences to the hardware.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card