Views
Helpful
Replies

PEAP and certificate.

andrea.meconi
Level 2
Level 2

Hello.

I'm using PEAP with Cisco Secure ACS and AD. GPO enables clients to validate server certificate.

How can I deny access to users who have not "Validate server certficate" checked?

Thanks.

Regards.

Andrea

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

tfraij
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello Andrea,

for the validate server certificate , this can be configured on client side only.

there is no configuration on ACS to force that, and you have to configure some policy at your microsoft ( so users can't change this check box :-) )

otherwise you can use EAP-TLS that force using 2 certificates , once on client and one one server ( mutual authentication).

Best regards

Talal

===========
please rate answers that you find useful , and mark as answered - when it is :-) - so others can find it easily

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

tfraij
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello Andrea,

for the validate server certificate , this can be configured on client side only.

there is no configuration on ACS to force that, and you have to configure some policy at your microsoft ( so users can't change this check box :-) )

otherwise you can use EAP-TLS that force using 2 certificates , once on client and one one server ( mutual authentication).

Best regards

Talal

===========
please rate answers that you find useful , and mark as answered - when it is :-) - so others can find it easily

Many thanks for your help Talal.

I understand that this is not a PEAP issue!

I believe I need to apply a filter on ACS (using a mac-address checked).

Regards.

Andrea

Talal is spot on. If you have a small deployment you could consider mac filtering. However this does become a big management burrden if you have a lot of devices. As mentioned, you can create a policy whereby "locking" the supplicant so that end users can not change "vaildate certificate".

"Satisfaction does not come from knowing the solution, it comes from knowing why." - Rosalind Franklin

Good!

Some users make connections using Apple.

I'm going to evaluate filter.

Other ideas?

Regards.

Andrea

You can still vaildate certs with Apple as well. How many clients do you have?

"Satisfaction does not come from knowing the solution, it comes from knowing why." - Rosalind Franklin