Views
Helpful
Replies

PEAP - user authentication and mac authentication

lamanso
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Can I use PEAP with Mac and user (login and password windows) authentication ?

Do I need CISCO ACS?

PEAP with user authentication and MAC filtering, Is this possible?

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

You will have to do MAC Authentication on each ap. This would require you to enter all the allowed mac address on each ap. You will not be able to do PEAP without a radius server. You can always install MS IAS server if you are a MS shop. :)

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You can do PEAP with MAC Authentication on the WLC. It will be under local EAP. MAC Authentication is really not required, since it is so easy to spoof a MAC. Also with PEAP, they will have to authicate to the WLC DB or LDAP.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps6366/products_configuration_example09186a008093f1b9.shtml

-Scott

Thanks Fella,

We have today an autonomous systems with 19 air-ap1131ag and 1 WLSEExpress.

We want do PEAP with user authentication and mac authentication.

Can I do this with this devices?

Can I do PEAP and mac filtering (centralized or configured each one?

Thanks

Thanks

You will have to do MAC Authentication on each ap. This would require you to enter all the allowed mac address on each ap. You will not be able to do PEAP without a radius server. You can always install MS IAS server if you are a MS shop. :)

-Scott

Thanks fella5

We are going to install a MS IAS server like Radius server for PEAP.

You will need to install a certificate also into your radius server. So you can bring up an MS certificate CA and generate one and you will be good to go.

-Scott

Does anyone have PEAP/IAS config example for an autonomous AP (1242) ?

Pls see the attachment.

Regards,

~JG

Do rate helpful posts

Thanks for the input. Any possibility that a the text based config from an autonomous AP is available? Or possibly the 1242 GUI screen shots?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card