cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ping cisco ae2700

kopylov.office
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, i have cisco ae2700 router. I connect this router to my laptop with ethernet.

ping to router

time=11ms TTL=64

time=8ms TTL=64

time=49ms TTL=64

time=30ms TTL=64

time=11ms TTL=64
time=8ms TTL=64
time=49ms TTL=64
time=30ms TTL=64

it is normal?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

jonatrod
Level 7
Level 7

Good morning

Hi Anton , you posted your question in a wrong forum, go to "Wireless - Mobility>Security and Network Management" so you can have more feedback on your case, more users will see it there. You can move your post using. the actions panel on the right.

The time means the milliseconds the router took to respond  (between 8 ms and 49 ms)

Normally the time should switch between "pins" this tells us the fluctuations of the network and not the same time by pinging a machine connected to the same router or switch us that a machine across the Internet.The time differences may be because of the activities that the router is currently running, for that reason varies between 8 ms and 49 ms

I hope you find this answer useful, if it was satisfactory  for you, please mark the question as Answered. Please rate post you consider useful.

Greetings.

Johnnatan Rodríguez Miranda.

Cisco network support engineer.

“Please rate useful posts so other users can benefit from it” Greetings, Johnnatan Rodriguez Miranda. Cisco Network Support Engineer.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

jonatrod
Level 7
Level 7

Good morning

Hi Anton , you posted your question in a wrong forum, go to "Wireless - Mobility>Security and Network Management" so you can have more feedback on your case, more users will see it there. You can move your post using. the actions panel on the right.

The time means the milliseconds the router took to respond  (between 8 ms and 49 ms)

Normally the time should switch between "pins" this tells us the fluctuations of the network and not the same time by pinging a machine connected to the same router or switch us that a machine across the Internet.The time differences may be because of the activities that the router is currently running, for that reason varies between 8 ms and 49 ms

I hope you find this answer useful, if it was satisfactory  for you, please mark the question as Answered. Please rate post you consider useful.

Greetings.

Johnnatan Rodríguez Miranda.

Cisco network support engineer.

“Please rate useful posts so other users can benefit from it” Greetings, Johnnatan Rodriguez Miranda. Cisco Network Support Engineer.

Hi Anton,

Per Johnnatan request, I have moved your question in the correct area.

Regards,
Cindy Toy
Cisco Small Business Community Manager
for Cisco Small Business Products
www.cisco.com/go/smallbizsupport
twitter: CiscoSBsupport

Regards, Cindy If my response answered your question, please mark the response as answered. Thank you!
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card