Views
Helpful
Replies

Prime in a DNA topology

f.dip
Level 1
Level 1

Hi everyone,
I am approaching the DNA world for the first time. In particular, I am studying for a non-fabric WiFi DNA topology easy to expand with flexconnect in the brunch sites and guest wifi.

I wanted to ask what is the added value of Prime and if it is needed in a topology with WLC and DNAC.
Can DNAC override Cisco PI functions? Or is it mandatory?

Really i need 3 dashboard and devices (WLC, PI, DNAC) to manage my wifi network?

Thanks.

1 Accepted Solution
3 Replies 3

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

For now PI can not replaced with DNAC, but some features supported by DNAC with new Cat 9K series controllers.

But may be cisco  world - Future is DNAC  ( one dashboard for all) - i expected this long back..but coming now.

I agree too many dashboard to manage how touch it is i do that every day basis, cisco should have 1 GUI, with the tick box based on the License they purchased.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Thanks for the reply,

so if i want a Network Management System for my WiFi network i must deploy the Prime Infrastructure, correct?

What about use only DNAC and WLC? Which features i will loose?

The only devices that I will have to deploy and manage will be the APs (and of couse WLCs, DNAC and ISE).

Thanks.

BR

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card