Views
Helpful
Replies

Problem with Cisco AIR-AP1231G-E-K9

net buzz
Level 1
Level 1

Hi!

I have configured a Cisco AIR-AP1231G-E-K9 access point as an Access Point Root with an SSID and  a Static WEP.

I am able to see the Wireless network on my laptop, but when connecting to it, it takes a lot of time.

Also when I succeed in connecting to it (Interface Dot11Radio0, Station 18e7.f4b0.fb8c Associated  KEY_MGMT[NONE]), the wireless connectivity is lost after some moments.

I get the following errors on the GUI interface:

• Interface Dot11Radio0, Deauthenticating Station  18e7.f4b0.fb8c Reason: Previous authentication no longer valid
  • Packet to client 18e7.f4b0.fb8c reached max retries,  removing the client

I suspect a problem with the radio interface or the configuration.

Please see the attached configuration and screenshot.

Regards,

Alvin

1 Reply 1

George Stefanick
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

A few things. I might suggest using wpa if your client support it. Wep is pretty weak.

A few things to look at. It would appear based on your CONFIG that 7 next to the key says to encrypt the key. Remove that and try again.

What client device are you using and does it support key slots ? You see the 1 in the CONFIG of the wep key. This says to use slot 1. There are 4 slots. You need to make sure your client is using the key in slot 1.

Authentication is open on the CONFIG. Is your client configured to do open or shared authentication ?

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

"Satisfaction does not come from knowing the solution, it comes from knowing why." - Rosalind Franklin