cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Production WLAN

Thomas Ley
Level 1
Level 1

I have 3 ea.  4404 with 90 APs  (1231 & 1240) with 30 LXE clients. I'm having issues with overlapping, high CRC counts, RF signal bleedover, and I'm trying to figure out how to make adjustments; such as transmit power threshold settings or channel assignment without creating client and end user havoc? RRM will automatically adjust associated nearby APs if I make a change to one of them. If I turn off RRM that could also create havoc. What is the best way to test changes in a production WLAN environment and yet protect the intergity of the current WLAN? It's working but I'm tasked with tweeking it so as new clients and applications are added the WLAN infrasture will not be the issue.

Any suggestions

Thanks

Tom

Tom

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Amjad Abdullah
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Tom:

We dont even know

he issue is due Channel overlapping. Do we?

The issue could be related to neighbor APs interference, noise around or maybe metallic environment.

You betters do a site survey to decide.

You can disable DCA and start assigning static channels if you make sure the issue is due overlapping.

HTH

Amjad

Rating useful replies is more useful than saying "Thank you"

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Amjad Abdullah
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Tom:

We dont even know

he issue is due Channel overlapping. Do we?

The issue could be related to neighbor APs interference, noise around or maybe metallic environment.

You betters do a site survey to decide.

You can disable DCA and start assigning static channels if you make sure the issue is due overlapping.

HTH

Amjad

Rating useful replies is more useful than saying "Thank you"

Thanks for your help.

TL

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card