Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

"show traplog" for Cisco 9800 / IOS XE

Hi,

with AireOS we had both "show logging" and "show traplog" and they were both useful but for different purposes. "show traplog" was really helpful to troubleshoot something "client or AP related" in cases where there was no SNMP trap receiver. I was also using scripts to periodically get the output of this command and act on it.

Now with IOS XE I can't find something similar. I've enabled logging at debugging level but it looks like it's not even close to what "show traplog" was providing. Am I doing it wrong? Is there another way to get something similar to "show traplog"?

Thanks,

Matteo

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Grendizer
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

by default, 9800 traps are not written to the IOS-XE itself, only to an external SNMP trap receiver, 9800 WLCs has no "show traplog" or equivalent command yet, this may change in future releases.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- I guess show logging should still be available and it useful to have a trap-receiver configured too, as the 9800 'for the  rest' is being a different architecture use this document for guidelines :

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/wireless/catalyst-9800-series-wireless-controllers/215523-quick-start-guide-on-what-logs-and-debug.html

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

Grendizer
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

by default, 9800 traps are not written to the IOS-XE itself, only to an external SNMP trap receiver, 9800 WLCs has no "show traplog" or equivalent command yet, this may change in future releases.

I've also found this interesting resource: Catalyst 9800 event history quick reference guide - Cisco

Regards,

Matteo

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card