Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Radio interface

I am trying to get a DD-WRT router to function as a client bridge on a wireless network off of a 871 router. When the DD-WRT device is configured, you can ping the device from ANY other device on the network except for the 871 and the devices behind the 871 have no internet access. I was thinking that the bridge-group 1 block-unknown-source command on the radio interface might be the problem but it cannot be removed and is an automatic command.

Does anyone know of a way to either remove this command or to have the bridged device MAC be 'learned'?

3 Replies 3

carenas123
Level 5
Level 5

Bridge-group block-unknown-source configuration interface command to block traffic from unknown MAC addresses on a specific interface. Use the no form of the command to disable unknown source blocking on a specific interface.

i.e. :

no bridge-group 1 block-unknown-source

The problem is that that command won't take. When entered it reports back:

no bridge-group 1 block-unknown-source not allowed on Dot11Radio0 interface

What's a DD-WRT router? It looks like you're using an 871 with a wireless module. Are you trying to bridge something non-Cisco off of the 871? If not, what exactly are you doing, and what are you using each device for? Is the 871 a remote router that has clients hanging off of it that need to pass over a WAN link of some kind to get to the Internet?

Try applying your command to a subinterface if you have multiple VLANs. Otherwise, if you'd like to post some more information, I'd be glad to help if I can.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card