Views
Helpful
Replies

Reboot AccessPoints over WLC4404

Kevin Haag
Level 1
Level 1

HI,

We have two Cisco Wireless Controller 4404 with the IOS Version 7.0.220.0 and a lot of accesspoints (ca. 170). Now i wan't to reboot a group of Accesspoints where i found over a filter... Is this possible?

Or how can i reboot all the AccessPoints at the same time over the Controller Interface? Is it possible?

I only found the option in the WebGui where i can reboot 1 AccessPoint at the same time with "hardware reset"... but it would be a bit annoying to reboot it all by hand

Thank you for your reply!

Best regards
Kevin       

Best regards Kevin
1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You can run this command on the GUI: config ap reset

So what I do is put the ap names in excel and then combine the command with the name and then just cut and paste.

Thanks,

Scott

Help out other by using the rating system and marking answered questions as "Answered"

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You can run this command on the GUI: config ap reset

So what I do is put the ap names in excel and then combine the command with the name and then just cut and paste.

Thanks,

Scott

Help out other by using the rating system and marking answered questions as "Answered"

-Scott

Hi Scott

Thank you for your fast reply. Your hint helps me to save a lot of time ;-)

I have maked a post in my blog with an detailed description, if someone is interested in it :-)

http://blog.beroot.ch/?p=559

Best regards
Kevin

Best regards Kevin

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Kevin,

Glad it worked for you... I usually script a lot of this because it tends to be easy than using the GUI. I think the only thing I use the GUI for that is easier than a script is placing AP's in an ap group. But I do still script that piece. Learn some of the CLI commands and it can be fast to do many things. Also having WCS/NCS/Prime Infrastructure can help too.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

-Scott

Hi Scott,

Usually i configure all Devices over the CLI. But in WLC i don't have much know how, how to configure it over the CLI ;-)

But i will learn it :-)

Best regards
Kevin

Best regards Kevin

It's takes some time to figure out what commands need to be entered first, but the commands are all listed in the reference guide. Here is one for the v7.0

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/wireless/controller/7.0/command/reference/cli70commands.html

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

-Scott
Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card