cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Replace AIR-LAP1252AG-A-K9 with AIR-LAP1142N-A-K9 as root bridge with clients

Sam Smiley
Level 3
Level 3

I have an Aironet 1252 that is acting as a root bridge with wireless clients; there are a total of 2 wireless SSIDs and 1 infrastructure SSID on the AP with 4 VLANs passing through it. There is a single Aironet 1142 that is connecting to the infrastructure SSID, this access point is connected to a 3560 that is used in a LAB. The 1142 simply provides a trunk back to the corporate LAN and Internet access, VLANs through the 1252 include two wireless SSIDs (500 & 550), the infrastructure SSID (900) and the VLAN assigned to wired clients on the 3560 (525). With the 1252 as the root bridge everything works fine.

I would like to replace the 1252 with a second 1142 as the root bridge; I backup the config out of the 1252, load it in the 1142 the wireless clients are able to connect to both wireless SSIDs without instance. The infrastructure SSID does not connect however; from the non-root bridge I receive the following error when it tries to connect:

%DOT11-4-CANT_ASSOC: Interface Dot11Radio1, cannot associate: No Response

Going through each config there is only one difference that I can find; the root bridge 1142 is "no ip routing" while the 1252 allows it. When issuing the ip routing command on the root bridge 1142 it loses LAN connectivity. A reboot of the AP and no ip routing is back in the config.

I have checked, checked and rechecked keys on both ends to no avail; I have rebuilt the infrastructure SSID numerous times. Still no connection between the two 1142 APs. Start the 1252 back up and all is connected.

Any ideas what may be different between the 1252 and the 1142 for a root bridge? Both APs are running the same IOS version, I have attached running config for each. Again the non root bridge 1142 connects fine to the 1252. Ideas are appreciated.

Regards,

Sam  

0 Replies 0
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card